Sunday, April 22, 2012

Translation Trouble


One day when I leapt after the brown-van driving past, and a duck flying low, and a dog on the other side of the street, all in one walk, Rolydog asked me what I was trying to say, cause I guess my leaping and barking sort of makes Curlmom grumpy, and she’s less likely to let us stop at interesting bushes.

I explained that I was barking, “I want to MEET you!”  I met a nice man driving a brown-van long ago (he used to throw me treats) and I was surprised to see exactly the same brown-van driving down the street, so I was hoping for treats.  As for the dogs, they all look like they’d enjoy a good circlerun and romp, and birds, well I’ve never even gotten close to one before.  Besides, I’m just a friendly guy, so “I want to MEET you!” is a nice thing to say, isn’t it?

Roly says it sounds to the humans like I’m saying, “I want to EAT you!”
Guess it’s my Eastcoast accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment