Sunday, April 1, 2012

How to get a Human's attention

I've come up with several ways to get a human's attention - mostly to get them away from those tapboxes they stare at all day... if the human (usually Curldad working on his art website) is sitting in a chair using the big tapbox Roly is big enough to bump his elbow.  Roly gets lots of attention this way especially if a cup of hotstuff is nearby. I prefer the cuteness gambit, where i sneak up and put my head on the lap of the person (or right on the tapbox if it's Curlmom sitting on the nodogsonthecouch); then i look up under my wonderful eyebrows with an incongruously serious look on my face.  Gets 'em every time!

Another attention-getter i've only tried for the first time today goes like this:
Usually in the morning Roly goes out to help get the paper, you know, and i wait at the door til he gets back and gives it to me so i can deliver it to the kitchen (or the dogbed, or under the table).  Well today Curldad told us BOTH to sit at the door, and then when he said "OK" i thought he meant both of us, so i followed Roly out the door.  We both checked out the front lawn, with Curldad very interested in our activities.  When Roly ran back inside i followed, of course, and Curldad was very delighted to see me come so quickly.
Easily amused, and so amusing, these humans!
Finn, on patrol

No comments:

Post a Comment